Super quick but amazingly tasty summer greens inspired from the recipe in Jamie’s 30 minute meals. Even my salad dodger boyfriend enjoyed this one – can be eaten hot or cold and goes really well with fish.
- Broccoli, Asparagus (I also threw in some mange tout which worked amazingly)
- Soy sauce (I used fish sauce)
- 2 limes (recipe says 1 but I used 2 to get the right taste)
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Sesame oil (I used walnut)
- Clove of garlic
1) Finely chop and deseed the chilli
2) Crush the garlic
3) Mix chilli and garlic with 2 tbsp soy sauce, 6 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp sesame oil and the juice from 2 limes in a bowl large enough to contain all the veg
4) Blanche the asparagus, mange tout and broccoli in a saucepan of boiling water until the broccoli is cooked (a few minutes was fine for me)
5) Drain the veg then toss in the bowl of dressing and serve immediately
I ate with some fish cakes, and Jamie Oliver’s recipe served this with sea bass and pancetta so definitely a good accompaniment for fish.
Alan’s wine recommendation:
A wonderful match here would be with French white Burgundy. Try a Chablis premier cru or a Pouilly Fuisse