Posted 4th October 2012
This is a guest post from the lovely chef Janey at Bocabar. We think you’ll agree they look well worth a try!
225g Self raising flour
Handful of pumpkin seeds
100g grated courgette
150g Somerset cheddar grated- Gorge cheddar is good
2 Medium free range eggs
100ml Olive oil
12 cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 210 °C. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases – this recipe makes approx 12.
2. Combine the flour, pumpkin seeds, courgette and cheddar with a sprinkle of cornish sea salt and freshly ground black pepper- do not overwork as you want the strands of courgette for texture.
3. Mix the milk, eggs and olive oil.
4. Add to the courgette mix to make a batter, if too dry add a little more milk.
5. Spoon into cases.
6. Prick the cherry tomatoes and place on each batter.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 mins, if still sticky in the middle cook for a little longer.
8. Leave to cool slightly on a wire tray. and eat before they go cold!!
Foodie tip: Try substituting the courgette for butternut squash, change the cheese or throw in some sweetcorn instead of the seeds, for different flavours.
Keep up to date with Bocabar Music, Food & Art Events
Tel: 0117 9728838