Posted 2nd April 2012
Recipe originally from Nigella Lawson’s “How to be a domestic goddess”
It was really easy to make – literally anyone could do it but it tastes amazing, I’ll definitely make it again. Top notch pud.
|for the base…
200g digestive biscuits
50g softened unsalted butter
23cm springform tin
|for the filling…
5 large egg yolks
397g tin of condensed milk
zest of 3 limes
juice from 4-5 limes
3 large egg whites
1) Preheat oven to 160/ Gas 3
2) Blitz biscuits and butter in food processor until its an oily sort of crumb
3) Press into the tin – lining all the way up the sides. Chill in the fridge whilst you do the filling
4) Beat egg yolks until thick, then add condensed milk, lime zest and juice.
5) Whisk egg whites to soft peaks separately, then fold gently into the yolk & lime mixture
6) Pour into the lined tin and cook for about 25 mins – until the filling is firm and golden on the top
7) Remove from the oven and leave to cool, unmould from the tin then chill.
Serving Suggestion – its quite rich so something like crème fraiche would go brilliantly with this.
Foodie Tip – I had filling left over and just poured this into ramekins which I baked separately – it came out as a yummy limey mousse. A great use for leftovers!
Foodie Tip – Nigella said that theres a chance your filling could puff up and then crack when you take it out of the oven – this didn’t happen for me but don’t worry if it does.
So there you have it – easy peasy! Thanks Nigella as always, a winning dessert!